Rushton Parish Council are inviting applications for the role of part-time Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer (circa 6 hours weekly).
The Clerk advises the Parish Council to ensure it acts in accordance with local government legislation, following correct procedures in all of its decision-making processes.
THE ROLE includes:
- preparing agendas and producing minutes for Council meetings (usually every two months)
- dealing with follow up actions, correspondence, etc., as agreed at the meetings
- dealing with correspondence including e-mails
- managing budgets and keeping financial records
- financial and operational reporting
- advising the council on policies and activities and enacting decisions of the council
- liaising with local residents and outside bodies
- administration of the village minibus
REQUIREMENTS: The ability to work from home and attend bi-monthly meetings and occasional additional meetings as required . Obtained or willing to work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) qualification. Outside of meetings, the monthly hours can be managed flexibly to suit the Clerk.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate good organisational, communication, IT and financial skills
- It would be an advantage to have previous experience working in or knowledge of local government
- Knowledge of the local area and desire to be more involved in the local community will be a definite advantage
SALARY: pro rata SCP9 £3,389 (based on 6 hours weekly) ; £10.86 per hour variable dependent on qualifications and experience. Training can be provided and the role is entitled to annual leave on a pro rata basis.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your key experience to Councillor Kevin O’Brien via email to Kvnob@aol.com.
The closing date for applications is 11th July 2021.
Rushton Parish Council encourages applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. If there is something you need to make the job details or interview process more accessible, please contact Councillor Kevin O’Brien on 07894534093.
Please visit the Rushton Parish Council website to learn more about the role, the Parish Council and the opportunity that is being offered.